Our privacy commitment
Stupon Proprietary Limited (ABN 39 159 766 873) trading under the registered business name “Removalist Seeker” (hence “Removalist Seeker”) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This policy explains how Removalist Seeker manages the personal information that we collect, use and disclose and how to contact us if you have any further queries about our management of your personal information. This policy does not cover personal information collected or held by Stupon Proprietary Limited about its employees.
Removalist Seeker is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (and applicable State and Territory health privacy legislation), which regulate how we may collect, use, disclose and store personal information, and how individuals may access and correct personal information held about them. Removalist Seeker is also required to comply with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth).
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Examples include an individual’s name, address, contact number and email address.
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. Sensitive information includes health information and information about a persons’ race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences and criminal history.
How does Removalist Seeker collect and hold your personal information?
Removalist Seeker will only collect personal information about you by lawful and fair means. Removalist Seeker collects personal information in a variety of ways. It is Removalist Seeker’s usual practice to collect personal information directly from you (or from your authorised representative), for example when:
- you enquire about or seek a quotation for a service offered by our removalist service providers advertising on our website;
- you make an offer to purchase a service offered by a removalist service providers through our website;
- you contact us by telephone, via mail, email or online;
- you visit our website;
- we supply any other services or services to you; or
- you enter into any trade promotions, competitions, specials or other offers with Removalist Seeker or its direct partners.
Sometimes we collect personal information about customers or potential customers from a third party or a publicly available source, or from marketing and similar lists legally acquired by us.
If you provide us with personal information about another person (such as a family member), please make sure that you tell them about this policy.
What kinds of personal information does Removalist Seeker collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold about you will depend on the circumstances of collection, including whether we collect the information from you as a customer, participating provider, contractor, stakeholder, job applicant or in some other capacity.
For example, if you request a quote for a service offered by our participating providers, we may collect your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth and any other information required to provide you with the quote. If you deal with us in some other capacity (for example, as a participating provider, a supplier or a stakeholder), we may collect your name, contact details and any other information you choose to provide to us.
Any personal information that you provide via our website or contact centre (for example, for comparison purposes, to obtain a quote or to purchase services) is collected and stored by Removalist Seeker.
We may monitor and record calls that you make to us in certain circumstances. For example, calls to our contact centre may be monitored and recorded for training and customer service purposes and to meet our regulatory obligations.
If we are not able to collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services or services or do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected.
How does Removalist Seeker use your personal information?
We use personal information for a variety of reasons including to:
- provide services to our customers;
- answer your inquiries and deliver customer service;
- tell our customers and prospective customers about other services, services or promotional offers that we think may be of interest to them;
- ensure we comply with the requirements of our participating providers;
- maintain and improve our customer service;
- meet our regulatory and legal obligations;
- manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints and issues;
- consider job applicants for current and future employment;
- manage our relationships with our participating providers, suppliers and stakeholders;
- carry out internal functions including training; and
- conduct marketing research and analysis.
We may also use your information for other purposes required or authorised by or under law, including purposes for which you have provided your consent. That consent may be written, verbal or implied from your conduct.
In what circumstances will Removalist Seeker disclose your personal information?
In the course of conducting our business and providing our services and services to you, we may disclose your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information to, where appropriate:
- professional advisers (such as lawyers or auditors);
- our contracted service providers, including:
- information technology service providers;
- payment systems operators and financial institutions;
- organisations authorised by Removalist Seeker to conduct promotional, research or marketing activities;
- law enforcement agencies or government authorities; and
- any persons acting on your behalf including those persons nominated by you, executors, trustees and legal representatives.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for other purposes required or authorised by or under law, including purposes for which you have provided your consent. That consent may be written, verbal or implied from your conduct. In all circumstances where your personal information is disclosed, we will take all steps reasonable to ensure that these third parties undertake to protect your privacy.
If you are a customer or a potential customer, from time to time we may contact you with information about services and services offered by Removalist Seeker and our business partners, which we think may be of interest to you. When we contact you it may be by mail, telephone, email, SMS or social media. We will generally give you the opportunity to express a wish not to receive direct marketing communications. Your consent to receive direct marketing communications in the above ways will be deemed to have been given if you do not opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us, and will remain current for an indefinite period of time unless and until you advise us otherwise. You can opt-out of receiving direct marketing at any time (see below).
If you want to know how we obtained your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided below and we will let you know unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so.
How can you opt out of receiving direct marketing?
You can let us know at any time if you do not want the personal information we hold about you to be used or disclosed for direct marketing purposes, or you do not wish to be contacted in any of the above ways, by contacting us. In some circumstances we may need to contact you to obtain additional information, to verify your identity or to clarify your request.
If you wish to unsubscribe from future marketing and promotional material, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided below.
Does Removalist Seeker disclose your personal information to overseas recipients?
Some of our service providers are located overseas. As a result, Removalist Seeker may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. For example, sometimes we use third party platforms to deliver or store information. These are sites hosted and managed by organisations other than ourselves, and some of these sites are located overseas.
Use of Government Identifiers
Removalist Seeker will not use Australian Commonwealth government-related identifiers, such as Medicare numbers, or a driver’s license number, as its own identifier of individuals.
Data quality and Security
We may store your information in hardcopy and/or in electronic form. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
This may include a range of systems and communication security measures, as well as the secure storage of hard copy documents. In addition, access to your personal information will be restricted to those properly authorised to have access.
We rely on the personal information we hold in conducting our business. Therefore, it is very important that the information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, and irrelevant or misleading, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided below and we will take reasonable steps to correct that information.
Our website is professionally hosted and operates in a secure environment. You should however be aware that there is always an inherent risk in transmitting your personal information via the Internet.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer for record-keeping purposes. The information collected may be used by Removalist Seeker to improve and customize your experience on our website. In addition, we collect aggregated non-personally identifiable data from our website to help us maintain and improve delivery of the Removalist Seeker online service and marketing. This aggregated information assists Removalist Seeker to improve content and website navigation.
When you visit any of our online resources, our system may collect information about your visit for statistical purposes, including:
- server address;
- top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.);
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded during your visit;
- the previous site you visited;
- if you’ve visited our site before; and
- the type of browser used.
We record this data to maintain our server and improve our services. There are several methods and packages that we use to collect visitor behaviours on each of our online platforms. Like a number of commercial web site operators, Removalist Seeker use tools to measure and analyse internet usage across our web sites. This enables Removalist Seeker to track the number of unique browsers to our web sites.
Links to third party sites
Whilst links to third party websites may be provided on our website, we are not responsible for the content or practices of these third party websites.
If provided, the links are provided for your convenience and do not represent Removalist Seeker’s endorsement of any linked third party website. We recommend that you check the privacy policies of these third parties prior to providing them with your personal information.
How you can access or correct your personal information
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details provided below and we will generally provide you with access, subject to some exceptions permitted by law
Access to personal information may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where:
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the request is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and would not normally be accessible as part of those proceedings;
- providing access would be unlawful;
- denying access is required by law;
- providing access would be likely to prejudice enforcement related activities conducted by an enforcement body;
- giving access would reveal evaluative information in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process; or
- access would pose a threat to the life, health or safety of any individual or to public health or safety.
If we deny or restrict access to the information you have requested, we will give you written reasons for this decision when we respond to your request. We may charge a fee to cover our costs of providing access to you and will advise you of any fee payable before we provide you with access.
How you can make a privacy complaint
Please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided below if you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which we have collected or handled your personal information. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing within 30 days.
If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au.
How to contact us
- have queries, concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by Removalist Seeker;
- would like to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you;
Please contact our Privacy Officer: